Each chapter of The Paralegal Association of Florida, Inc., (PAF) works closely with community colleges and other institutions that offer a paralegal studies program. We take the time to speak to students and give them a general sense of what the paralegal profession is all about. Through its scholarship program, PAF offers financial assistance to deserving students who are members of our association.
2017-2018 STUDENT MEMBER EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS
The Paralegal Association of Florida, Inc. (“PAF”) will award two (2) Student Education Scholarships to qualified applicants for the specific purpose of encouraging members to complete their coursework in the paralegal studies program.
- One (1) Scholarship for the 2017 Fall Semester $250.00 (Awarded to Jennifer Lally – Congratulations!)
- One (1) Scholarship for the 2018 Spring Semester $250.00
(Maximum Annual Award: $ 500.00)
Applicant must be a student member in good standing with the Paralegal Association of Florida, Inc. and their local chapter, and meet qualifications required to be a student member.
- Applicant must work or reside within the State of Florida.
- Deadline for receipt of applications is now closed (June 13, 2017). Additional details will be provided when the next application process becomes available.
- Notification of the scholarship award recipients will be made 10 ten days before the fall seminar.
- The education goal statement must be submitted in typewritten form and will be judged on originality, writing clarity and content.
- Applicant must submit one letter of recommendation from a professor in the paralegal education department, and a letter of recommendation from your employer if applicable.
- Applicant must submit a copy of their most updated transcript.
- The Scholarship Committee shall judge applications and make recommendations to the PAF Executive Committee, who will make the final decision.
- Scholarship recipients agree to serve on the Scholarship Committee for the calendar year following receipt of the Student Education Scholarship award.
“The Standard for the Paralegal Profession”